What to Look for in a Contractor
- Liability Insurance and WSIB Coverage
- It’s a law
- Affiliations & Memberships in Trade Associations
- Show investment in their industry and responsibility
- Signed Contracts
- Do they have contracts?
- Are there warranties associated with labour materials?
- Visa or Cheque Deposits
- Don’t give cash deposits, Visa or Cheque are easily traceable
- Nature of Estimator
- Business Cards, Contracts, Knowledge of Company Procedures
- Company Logo Displayed
- Prepared with Pricing and Product Options
How Much Deposit Should a Cus
- This question is company specific
- Each Organization has their own policy on deposits
Completion Date on Contract?
- If necessary, a tentative completion date can be given
- Completion dates will be weather permitting anyway, so nothing would be guaranteed
- The Canadian Fence Industry Association is a non-profit organization whose members include professional contractors, retailers, agents, wholesalers and manufacturers of fence products and related service. We are dedicated to representing high construction standards as well as a high level of ethical business behavior in a competitive market place.
Call Before You Dig ON1Call 1-800-400-2255
Speak to Your Neighbours – re: your fence projectRead your Local Fence By-Laws – Height Restrictions
Do you have any other tips or advice to add to the list? Let us know what you think in the comments below!